- This event has passed.
RaNae Merrill – Free Motion Mastery
January 29 @ 9:00 am – 4:00 pm
Please note: This is a live virtual workshop via Zoom.
Want to learn to do free-motion quilting but don’t know where to start? Can you do a few simple patterns but you want to expand your creativity? Have you taken other classes and failed? Are you afraid you’ll ruin that beautiful top you spent weeks piecing? This is the class for you!
RaNae’s unique teaching system and specialized tools guide you step-by-step through simple exercises that will get you moving comfortably at the sewing machine and build your quilting skills as you quilt one block at a time. You’ll make a quantum leap in your FMQ skills during the class and go home with a practice plan to continue building your skills. You’ll leave class saying “I can DO this!”
In this class you will learn how to:
- Pre-train your hands anytime, anywhere, before you sit down at the sewing machine.
- Set up your machine for free-motion quilting
- Move your hands, your body and the quilt for relaxed, efficient quilting
- Quilt the fundamental shapes that are the basis for all quilting patterns
- Join pre-quilted blocks to make a quilt of any size
The class is taught on domestic sewing machines, but the principles and exercises work equally well on a sit down or frame-mounted long-arm. The book includes instructions for domestic machines, as well as both sit-down and frame-mounted long-arm machines.
Visit RaNae’s website: https://ranaemerrillquilts.com/
- You are not registered for a class until you have paid.
- In case of cancellation, a refund can only be given if we have at least a 45-day notice…if less than that a refund will be given if we can fill your spot.
Or register and pay online: