- This event has passed.
GQC Sampler Platter
September 24 @ 12:00 pm – 3:00 pm
Once again, the Global Quilt Connection is offering their 2-day Virtual All-Star Sampler Platter. In each of these live virtual events a different All-Star cast of 18 quilt teachers will demonstrate some of their favorite quilting techniques over two days. It’s a showcase of a wide variety of styles and techniques, from traditional to modern and art quilting techniques with something to please everyone! You will receive a PDF that includes written instructions to go along with each teacher’s demonstration. Each event is recorded and available to watch for 24 hours.
WSQ has paid for this event and it is offered to all current 2023 members. You will be emailed a link the week of the event, so be sure to check you email box and your Spam/Junk folder so you don’t miss it. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you do not receive the email.
Saturday 12:00 – 3:00
Sunday 12:00 – 3:00
- Kelly Ashton: Kelly’s “Partial” to Partial Seams; You Can Be, Too!
- Dara Tomasson: Doodles to dazzling designs
- Jennifer Houlden: Creating Eye Catching Fabric Runs is as Easy As 1-2-3
- Beth Cunningham: POP! POP! Punch Needle(an ancient embroidery technique)
- Katie Lewis: No-Reverse Applique Design Transfer
- Cyndi McChesney: Surprising settings for Multi Image panels
- Emma Powell: Itty Bitty Dolls for Applique based on South American Arpilleras
- Dana Jones: Demystifying Design for Foundation Paper Piecing (FPP)
- Lyric Kinard: Foil + Fabric = Fun!
- Nanette Zeller: Painterly Applique Using Colored Pencils
- Elizabeth DeCroos: A Quilt that’s not a Quilt
- Julia McLeod: The 4 ‘S’s of Piecing with Silk
- Jane Houprich: Fear The Negative No More!!
- Carole Lyles Shaw: Vibrant Stitching – Big Stitch Hand Quilting
- Melissa Marginet: Dot-to-Dot Walking Foot Quilting
- David Owen Hastings: Backing, Binding, Batting, Beauty: designing a quilt from back to front
- Stephanie McIntyre: Sew Sustainably! Recycled Leather Reverse Appliqué
- Kristin Echols: Add a Bold Seminole Band to Your Next Project